Lumagen Radiance Pro UltraHD SeriesThe Radiance Pro™ series of video processors has support for 4k60 inputs and outputs, including HDCP 2.2. Winner of a CEPro™ Best of 2015 award, the Radiance Pro family offers up to eight inputs, and 10 outputs, plus a multitude of essential setup and calibration features. More than just an HDMI switcher the Radiance Pro is considered by many experts to be an essential part of any quality home theater.
Scaling quality again comes to the forefront with the advent of 4k projectors and televisions. Lumagen’s NoRing™ scaling provides the best quality scaling for 1080, 720, and SD, sources for 4k projectors and TVs. Unlike other scaling technology Lumagen’s NoRing scaling does not add “halos” around edges caused by the ringing in other scaling algorithms.
Reference quality colorimetry is an often overlooked part of a quality home theater. Automated audio room equalization has become commonplace. In a trained calibrator’s hands the Radiance Pro can provide automated video equalization using third party calibration software, with more accuracy than the non 3D LUT based calibration employed by television and projector manufacturers. With the Radiance Pro’s 4913 point 3D LUT based Color Management System you See What the Director Intended™.
Other important features include the best quality anamorphic screen support for HD and 4k UHD sources without the need for an expensive anamorphic lens. Precise geometry adjustment including size, masking, and vertical keystone correction are also available. The Radiance Pro’s Non-Linear-Stretch (NLS) feature allows the user to modify HD 16:9 sources in a user customizable way to fill an anamorphic screen. For 16:9 screens and TVs, an anamorphic image can be placed anywhere in the active screen area. Multiple output configuration memories allow for features such as day and night optimization, and multiple displays and/or projectors in a single system.
The adaptability of the Radiance Pro is second to none. Using Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) technology, the Radiance Pro can add hardware image processing and setup features long after installation with a simple software update. Just as 3D video support was added to earlier Radiance models years after introduction, the Radiance Pro will be adding new features over time. One example is High-Dynamic-Range (HDR). The Radiance Pro will allow features like HDR, and Rec 2020 colorspace, to be viewed on older displays and projectors, to the best of the display/projector’s ability. The Radiance Pro can even split the video and audio so current 1080p audio processors can be used with 4k sources.
- Proprietary Lumagen NoRing™ scaling
- Anamorphic screen support for up to 4k sources without need for an anamorphic lens
- Vertical Keystone correction for 2D and 3D
- Programmable output aspect, size, and masking
- Darbee™ Digital Visual Presence (DVP™) enhancement technology for up to 2K sources
- Up to eight 4k60 inputs • Up to four 4k60 processed outputs (with same image)
- Up to six switched (unprocessed) HDMI outputs
- Up to seven independent zones (processed outputs are one zone, plus up to six switched zones)
- Modular I/O allows upgrading to new HDMI technology as it becomes available
- Inputs and outputs support HDCP 1.x and HDCP 2.2
- Outputs are programmable for video, audio, or both
- FPGA design allows new video features and algorithm enhancements
- All models have the same processing quality and features (except PiP/PoP will be in 444X only)
- PiP/PoP for 444X models (future update)
- Supports processing of 2D and 3D sources
- Per-pixel SD/HD deinterlacing
- 4913 point (17x17x17) 3D LUT based CMS
- 21-point Parametric Grayscale calibration
- Rec 709 and Rec 2020 color space • HDR support (future update)
- Optional dual 12V trigger outputs (444X only)
- Rack mountable with optional rack-ears
- High reliability external power supply rated at 34 years MTBF by manufacturer
- One year Limited Warranty
Lumagen offers the following configurations:
- Radiance Pro 4440: Two inputs, four processed outputs
- Radiance Pro 4442: Four inputs, four processed outputs
- Radiance Pro 4444: Six inputs, four processed outputs
- Radiance Pro 4446: Eight inputs, four processed outputs
- Radiance Pro 4240: Two inputs, two processed outputs
- Radiance Pro 4242: Four inputs, two processed outputs